Jumia was founded in 2012 on the basis of a very strong belief: Internet can improve people’s lives in Africa. Observing the challenges that people face every day (poor infrastructures, heavy traffic, limited choice, limited information, expensive products and services just to name a few), we see a huge opportunity to leverage Internet and use it to connect people and provide them with a solution to fulfill their daily needs. Therefore, we embarked on the journey to build a company that has a very simple mission: expand your horizons.
1. Digital Marketing Analyst
About the Digital Marketing Associate Position:
As a Digital Marketing Associate, you’ll be working on OM accounts of Jumia Mall in Kenya. You’ll be implementing strategies discussed with the Head of Search, Head of FB and Head of Performance to deliver the best results for the ventures and be responsible for optimizations and other routine account maintenance.
Roles for the Digital Marketing Analyst Job
- Performance analysis – assist Head of SEM, FB and Display with on-the-ground knowledge in order to improve the performance of the campaigns.
- Contributing to continuous improvement by proactively assessing OM practices and methodology.
- Be fully responsible for day to day Campaign Optimization based on Analysis of Campaign Performance, including Bid/Budget Management and Landing Page Analysis:
- Bid and budget management
- Ad copy creation and A/B testing
- Search query report analysis and cleaning
- Keyword research and implementation
- Setting up of campaigns
- Ensure that campaigns go live on time
- Ensure that campaigns have been correctly set up including Creative, Destination URL and Tracking implemented
- Report creation
- Passion for Search and internet marketing.
- Excellent organizational, project management and time management skills.
- Attention to detail, ability to deliver fast and flawlessly.
- Ability to effectively multi-task in a performance driven atmosphere.
- Ability to clearly and effectively articulate thoughts and points.
- High levels of integrity, autonomy, and self-motivation.
- Strong analytical & numerical skills.
Digital Marketing Analyst Job Qualifications
- Experience in Search Engine Marketing (SEM) and Paid Search (PPC) (2+ years) – e-commerce or travel industry background preferred.
- Perfect English and either French or Arabic.
- Mastery of MS Excel.
- Experience with website analysis using a variety of analytics tools including Google Analytics as well as internal reporting tools.
- Experience working with popular PPC ad platforms (AdWords, Yahoo, Bing).
- AdWords / Bing certification a plus.
Start Date: Immediately
2. Local Affiliate Manager
Roles for the Local Affiliate Manager Job
- Owns the local sales strategy, and leads its execution to “hunt” and “close” new local partners.
- Generate leads and efficiently regular contact with existing prospects.
- Own relationship and support to on-boarded local partners, ensuring their education, satisfaction and maximizing their business on the keep in program.
- Negotiate commission structures with top sites and partners to ensure maximum profitability.
- Work with the marketing department to create campaigns to attract potential affiliates.
- Own relationship and support to top local partners, ensuring their education, and satisfaction to maximize their performance on the program.
- Follow up on affiliate campaigns to ensure they are kept within budget and maximum ROI is achieved.
- Analyze local channel performance and send weekly performance reports.
- Maximize networking and community building opportunities and by regularly setting up events bringing affiliates together.
- Request artwork for weekly campaigns to be shared with affiliates.
- Send a weekly promotional newsletter to affiliates telling them about the top campaigns, categories and products to promote.
- Localize any central material to fit the local market, for example video tutorials or sales pitch material.
- Occasionally support on central affiliate marketing projects.
Interested and situable qualified candidates to submit their CV, daytime telephone contact and two referees to email@example.com