Freedom Financial Services (FFS) is a leading provider of technology services in the Finance sector in Kenya, focusing on helping the public get better access to loans using technology. FFS is currently based on Nairobi CBD in Kenya.
Job Role: Python/Django Developer
Contract length: 1 – 2 years with possibility of renewal
In keeping with our current business needs we are looking for young, passionate, energetic and aggressive Python/Django developer who will be reporting directly to the Chief Technical Officer. The ideal candidate must be able to work with minimal supervision.
- Developing high quality modules to build on existing platforms and products;
- Execute on different projects in the company based on timelines/deliverables;
- Testing and Implementation of the different products and services for our customers.
Minimum requirements & skills:
- At least 6 months experience in software development of application/platforms in Python platform
- Extensive experience in relational database (PostgreSQL, MySQL and query optimization) will be a plus
- Knowledge on Django is required
- Knowledge in HTML & CSS is required
- Should have excellent creative, innovative, analytical skills, and willingness to learn new technologies
- Should be familiar with modern software development practices
- Version control using git or Mercurial
- Writing test cases for source code
- DevOps experience using Ansible or shell scripts
- A fast learner and willing to work as part of a team
- Can work independently with minimal supervision
- Good communication and documentation skills required
How to Apply
Please send your CVs and cover letter to email@example.com by 25th April 2016. Kindly, remember to indicate the title of the job on the subject header of the email (REF 001/DJANGO DEVELOPER). The applicants who do not indicate THE REF NO. and job title will be automatically disqualified.
- Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
- Candidates who meet the above qualifications and are available to start as soon as April 2016 will be highly considered
- Ongoing computer science/IT students or graduates experienced in Python and Django are highly encouraged to apply