European Union Job Vacancies in Kenya – Recruiting Secretaries
Vacancy Notice – Secretary (09/01/2016)
SECRETARY We are
The European Union (EU) is an economic and political partnership between 28 European countries. It plays an important role in international affairs through diplomacy, trade, development aid and working with global organisations. Abroad, the EU is represented through more than 140 diplomatic representations, known also as EU Delegations, which have a similar function to those of an Embassy.
The EU Delegation to Somalia seeks to contribute to a more prosperous Somalia where the impact of conflict and instability is reduced and the dividend of a more stable environment will allow the Somali people to benefit from EU investments in state functions and in social and productive sectors.
We are looking for
A Secretary to assist the Peacebuilding, Democratization and Security Sector Reform Section in the effective and efficient management of development programs in Somalia as well as in organizing internal processes.
• Support the Head of Section in the management of the section processes, e.g. preparation and update of leave, missions and trainings, organization of meetings etc.
• Maintain and update the section’s contacts of implementing partners and donors active in Somalia
• Drafting, transcribing and processing minutes of meetings, memos and other correspondence.
• Providing logistics support to missions/trainings including making the necessary travel and accommodation reservations and appointments
• Managing the flow of information, communication and technology
• Organize missions and post missions actions, including providing logistics support
• Filing and keeping a systematic record of all projects, correspondence and other files including archiving
• Assist in preparation of tenders, calls for proposals and contractual documents
• Compile and update project related files and documents
• Assist in monitoring implementation of work-plan including project implementation (start-up events, deadlines, reporting)
• Follow-up with Finance & Contracts on timely payments, budget amendments and riders
• In conjunction with other sections, update the EU project database on a regular basis and assist in encoding contract data in the Common Relex Information System (CRIS)
• In liaison with Program Managers prepare relevant information, press releases fact sheets, presentation of activities of the section
• Assist in planning and reporting requirements of projects
• Any other assignment that may be assigned by the Head of Section
• Diploma level in Business Administration and/or Secretarial Studies
• Minimum 5 years’ experience in secretarial management/administration – of which 3 years’ should be in an International Organisation or Diplomatic Mission
• Previous experience working with an international organisation would be an advantage
• Experience in development cooperation processes would be an advantage
• Excellent written and spoken English (working language).
• Excellent oral and written presentation skills; Good IT skills required.
• Ability to build and maintain positive working relationships with colleagues, national counterparts, donor agencies, other stakeholders and ability to adapt well in a multi-cultural environment.
• Personal initiative and ability to focus on priorities and meet deadlines.
• Open, flexible personality; excellent ability to perform duties with accuracy within a given deadline.
• A high degree of integrity and the ability to deal with confidential information is required
The position is based in Nairobi for an unlimited duration subject to three- months’ probation.
As an indication, the monthly basic salary starts at KShs. 165,464/- (subject to local tax law). Benefits, such as additional pension scheme and medical insurance, are offered to employees and their families under certain conditions.
The position is open to nationals and residents of Kenya with a valid work permit (compulsory).
How to apply
Please send your motivation letter and detailed CV in the EU FORMAT (compulsory) addressed to the Head of Administration using Delegation-Somalia-Recruitment@eeas.europa.eu by 8 January 2016, midnight and should have in the subject line “Secretary”.
Only Short-listed Candidates will be contacted. The Delegation will not supply additional information or discuss the selection procedure by telephone: please address any queries concerning this procedure to the provided email address.
For further information and job application details, see; European Union Job Vacancies in Kenya – Recruiting Secretaries