Kenya Wildlife Service (KWS) is a State Corporation whose responsibility is to manage and conserve wildlife in Kenya as provided for under the Wildlife Conservation and Management Act, 2013. The Service operates in harsh, remote and hostile climatic environment and wishes to recruit men and women who can endure these conditions for training and deployment in various conservation areas as Rangers in response to the wildlife security challenges currently being experienced in the country.
Successful candidates will undergo a mandatory basic intensive paramilitary training at the KWS Law Enforcement Academy – Manyani before posting to the field for Park and Security operations.
Must be a Kenyan citizen
- Must hail from within the County of recruitment.
- Aged- between 18 and 25 years
- Maximum KCSE mean grade “D +” (Plus)
- Be physically fit
- Must have no criminal record
- Candidates must be in possession of Original Certificates, National ID Card
- Candidates must turn up in appropriate running gear
It should also be noted as follows:-
- The recruitment will be conducted only in the designated recruitment centers and dates by a team of Kenya Wildlife Service Officers appointed by the Director General and issued with special identification cards.
- The recruitment shall reflect the regional diversity of the Kenyan people
- The entire exercise will be conducted transparently and the successful candidates will be issued with recruitment cards.
- Any person presenting him/herself for recruitment purposes with fake/falsified identity cards, certificates or caught engaging in any corrupt activity shall be arrested and prosecuted.
- The recruitment exercise is absolutely FREE OF CHARGE and Kenya Wildlife Service will not be responsible for any recruitment conducted outside guidelines stated herein.
- Canvassing and lobbying will lead to automatic disqualification.