Kenya Airways, a member of the Sky Team Alliance, is a leading African airline flying to 54 destinations worldwide, 44 of which are in Africa and carries over four million passengers annually. The airline was recently voted the Leading Airline in Africa by passengers in the World Travel Awards. It has also been voted the Leading Airline in Africa – Business Class four years in a row.
Kenya Airways has a fleet of 36 aircraft that are some of the youngest in Africa; this includes its flagship B787 Dreamliner aircraft. The onboard service is renowned and the lie-flat business class seat on the wide-body aircraft is consistently voted among the world’s top 10. Most recently it has scooped top awards at the Africa Investor (Ai) Tourism Investor Awards and was declared the Business Airline of the Year in Africa.
Kenya Airways takes pride in being at the forefront of connecting Africa to the World and the World to Africa through its hub at the new ultra-modern Terminal 1A at the Jomo Kenyatta International Airport in Nairobi. For more information, please visit www.kenya-airways.com.
1. Cargo Team Leader
Safe, secure deployment of resources to ensure cost effective delivery of specific services to comply with SLA’s and customer expectations.
- Timely planning to ensure cargo handling within the scope of service Level agreements of customer airlines and to meet customer expectations
- Deply resources to ensure cost effective service delivery to meet agreed SLA’s and productivity
- Accurate & timely communications in compliance with service level agreements and customer expectations to enable planning and control.
- Timely preparation of reports for management planning and control.
- Ensure safety & security of cargo operations is in compliance with relevant legislative/industry requirements
- Ensure a healthy working environment in accordance with relevant industry and legislative requirements for personnel working in cargo operations.
- Ensure conformity with all regulatory requirements, organization standards and local procedures as well as requirements of customer airlines.
- Ensure consistent delivery of ramp services in accordance with SLA’s and customer expectations
- Ensure effective internal & external communications & reporting to facilitate planning and control
- Prepare and report accurately flight details on a timely basis, to enable cost effective service delivery and revenue management
- Relevant degree/professional qualification.
- Industry/Government of Kenya recognized qualification/certification.
- Communication/interpersonal skills.
- Supervisory/management skills.
- Computer literate.
- Process awareness/analytical.
- Cost conscious.
- Team player.
- Service focused.
- Proactive/result orientated.
2. Claims Officer
- Investigate and document claims to establish validity before payment to minimize costs.
- Resolve customer complaints to enhance customer satisfaction.
- Administer risk management system to ensure optimal utilization.
- Review claims transactions at outstations and train staff to ensure compliance with claims procedures/conditions of carriage to minimize loss.
- Maintain record of claims for accountability and identification of risk areas requiring attention to minimize future losses and compliance with statutory requirements.
- Provide information and assistance to lawyers to conduct defense in litigation.
- Pursue recovery of claims from insurers and other airlines to minimize loss
- Business Graduate
- Part qualification ACII
- Computer skills and knowledge of star system
- Negotiation skills
- Strong communication skills
- Time management
- Presentation /tutoring skills
- 2 years experience in claims handling or customer service
- Interpretation and application of conditions carriage for Baggage
- Customer insight
- People skills
- Strategic influencing
- Strategic influencing
3. Attachee Intern – Cargo Accounting
The purpose of the Program is to provide an opportunity for university and college students to become familiar with the operations of Kenya Airways, and to acquire work experience at the professional level through on-the-job training as part of the course requirements, during vacations before resuming studies.
- A citizen of Kenya A student pursuing an undergraduate degree/College diploma in an accredited university/college, who will continue his/her graduate studies or graduate right after the period of the internship.
- Have a minimum grade of B (plain) in KCSE or equivalent O’level certification
- Candidates afforded internship in the past by Kenya Airways are not eligible to apply
Conditions of Internship
- Kenya Airways does not provide medical insurance cover for Interns. Those selected for internship will be required to submit proof of medical insurance while at Kenya Airways.
- Since the hiring for the Internship Program is done locally, Kenya Airways does not pay transportation costs whatsoever.
- Because Internship Program is addressed to students who are pursuing their degree programs or diploma programs, participation in the program will not extend beyond three (3) months.
Documentation that will be required should you be selected for the internship are:
- Letter from learning institution requesting for internship and confirming that this is part of the course requirement
- Original and copy of KCSE/GCSE Certificate
- Certificate of Good Conduct
- Insurance cover
How to apply
Use the link(s) / email(s) below to apply on company website.