Cytonn Investments is an independent investment management firm, with offices in Nairobi – Kenya and D.C. Metro – U.S. We are primarily focused on offering alternative investment solutions to global and local institutional investors, individual high net-worth investors, and diaspora investors interested in the East-African region.
Our investments are in real estate and private equity. Real estate investments are made through our development affiliate, Cytonn Real Estate, where we currently have over Kshs. 82 billion of projects under mandate across ten projects. In private equity, we invest in banking, insurance, education, hospitality and technology.
Cytonn Investment Public Market Investment Analyst Job 2017
Cytonn Investments is looking for a highly motivated, dynamic, hardworking and self-driven team player to join the team in the Investment Department.
The Investment Analyst – Public Markets has the responsibility for continually and accurately generating research reports, investments analysis and recommendations to the investment management committee for the purpose of decision-making. The position is also responsible, from time to time, to perform other analytical work as may be assigned to by the Investments Manager – Public Markets. The holder of this position will be reporting to the Investments Manager – Public Markets.
Responsibilities for the Public Market Investment Analyst Job
- Conducting fundamental company & investment opportunity research and analysis; in Structured Products, Equities and Fixed Income
- Financial modelling and data analysis
- Analyzing historical and projected financial statements & investment data
- Preparing written reports and verbal presentations
- Conducting country, industry and capital markets research so as to keep up with detailed knowledge about the Kenyan micro and macroeconomic environment and financial markets
- Participating in the formulation, evaluation, and implementation of investment strategies
- Contributing to investment meetings and review sessions
- Actively participating in value creation and portfolio operations post investment
- Any other duties as may be prescribed from time to time
Public Market Investment Analyst Job Requirements
- At least 2 years’ experience in an investment management environment
- Must have achieved at least a B+ or equivalent in high school
- A graduate degree, with a minimum 2nd Class, Upper Division in Accounting, Finance or a business related course
- Applicant required to be a candidate in the CFA program (or demonstrate a path towards becoming one), with a strong financial background
- Strong communication skills (both written and oral)
- Good analytical and quantitative reasoning
- Strong organizational and time management skills – ability to adhere to deadlines, multi-task and prioritizeEntrepreneurial spirit with demonstrated creativity & innovation in business
- Research and Planning; Business Development and Analytics
- Ability to learn quickly and manage workload, work effectively under pressure in a demanding environment
- Knowledge and experience with Microsoft Office, with exceptional skills in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
How to Apply
If you meet the above qualifications, apply through our recruitment portal.