Farwell Consultants Ltd. is a business systems development firm based in Nairobi Kenya. We are looking to recruit a senior software engineer to join our development team. The overall objective of this position is to develop and ensure high level quality assurance and control processes for systems developed by Farwell. The position will require a high level of technical competency and capacity for delivery of competitive, quality solutions to time and budget.
The duties and responsibilities are as follows:
- Design and develop key business applications.
- Provide operational support to Farwell’s existing business solutions.
- Assist the development team with research on various technologies
- Develop clear and concise technical documentation for projects.
- Assist in other development duties as assigned.
Skills and Experience:
- Minimum 2 years’ experience building scalable web applications
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science.
- Strong practical understanding of MVC design patterns and Object Oriented programming.
- Demonstrated abilities in PHP, MySQL and MVC Frameworks.
- Working knowledge of Azure, AWS, Bitbucket, Linux, Apache and Yii will be advantageous;
- Experience in design and development of RESTful applications
- Experience in version control software e.g. Git, SVN.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills and attention to detail.
- Driven individual with the ability to manage and meet project timelines.
- Interpersonal skills and a team player.
How to Apply
Candidates wishing to be considered for this position should send the following items to firstname.lastname@example.org before 23:59 EAT 30th April 2016.
- Cover letter stating why you consider yourself an ideal candidate for this job
- Up to date CV
- At least 3 references of web based business solutions that can be viewed by the review panel