Shining Hope For Communities Maintenance Worker Jobs in Kenya
Section: Business Services
Department: Operations and Resources
Location / Work station: Kibera/Mathare
Working Hours: Monday – Saturday| 8.00 AM – 5.00PM
Reports to: Facilities and Maintenance Manager Direct reports: N/A Job Purpose:
To be responsible for routine and preventative maintenance and repair procedures on buildings and equipment.
Duties for the Maintenance Worker Job
- Perform minor repairs in the buildings and sites.
- Perform preventive maintenance procedures on building mechanical equipment on a scheduled basis.
- Replace broken windows, repair door, door locks and closets.
- Complete daily, weekly, monthly checklists on building and equipment maintenance procedures.
- Maintain records of scheduled maintenance procedures.
- Respond to emergency maintenance requests as required.
- Support with renovation/remodelling of buildings.
- Maintain the bio-latrine.
- Maintain general hygiene of the main site.
- Obtain estimates for supplies, repair parts and order parts as needed.
Maintenance Worker Job Qualifications
- A trade test certificate in craftwork / Artisanship in the following areas :- Carpentry, Masonry, plumbing, Electrical
- Secondary school certificate
- At least 1 year proven experience in a similar role
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence and memos
- Ability to write simple correspondence
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to other SHOFCO employees
- Meeting timescales
- Adopting practical approaches
- Managing tasks
- Producing output
- Following procedures
- Inviting feedback
- Team working
- Interacting with people
How to Apply:
Interested applicants should send their applications together with a detailed CV to the HR Manager, email@example.com quoting their current and expected salaries.
Applications without this information will not be considered. DO NOT ATTACH TESTIMONIALS at this point.
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted on a rolling basis. Applications should reach us no later than 11th December 2017.