Sony Sugar Fire Engine Driver Job Vacancy in Kenya 2017
Reporting to Environment Health and Safety Manager
Fire Engine Driver Job Responsibilities
- Responding to fire emergencies and ensuring no loss of life, property or injury.
- Safely and efficiently driving the fire engine to the scene of fire in response to an emergency.
- Operating the fire engine pumps and other fire/rescue apparatus safely and efficiently.
- Making routine daily checks and inspection of the fire engine to ensure it is in sound mechanical condition.
- Ensuring general routine maintenance of equipment in line with the manufacturer’s specifications.
- Perform all functions of a fire fighter.
Qualifications for the Fire Engine Driver Job
- KCSE Grade C (Plain) or its equivalent.
- Five (5) years’ relevant work experience in a similar position.
- Relevant qualifications from a reputable fire training school.
- Heavy commercial driving license (class BCE) that has been continuously in use for a minimum of 5 years.
- Must be a trained pump operator with a reputable fire training school.
- Attained a minimum level of fireman grade 1.
- Ability to detect malfunction on equipment.
- First Aid Certificate Course not lasting less than 1 week from St. Johns Ambulance or other recognized institution.
How to Apply
Candidates should forward their applications by post, courier or hand-delivery enclosing current and detailed CV, copies of relevant academic, professional certificates and testimonials, details of day time telephone contacts, current and expected remuneration, notice period required to take up the appointment if successful, and names and full contacts of three (3) professional referees. Candidates MUST meet Chapter Six requirements of the Constitution.
All applications MUST have the job reference number clearly marked on the envelope so as to reach the office of the undersigned not later than May 16, 2017.
The Managing Director South Nyanza Sugar Company Limited
P.O. Box 107 – 40405 ,
Sare – Awendo
SonySugar is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified persons irrespective of Gender, Race, Ethnicity, Religion, Culture or Disability are encouraged to apply. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Any form of canvassing will lead to disqualification.